INFORMATION ON WATER WHEELS - WATER WHEELS
Information On Water Wheels - Wheel Loader Parts - Foo Fighters Wheels Guitar Tab.
Information On Water Wheels
- (Information Only) Source provided information to DOJ which did not require action. For example, sending DOJ a copy of a questionable advertisement or solicitation.
- (water wheel) waterwheel: a wheel with buckets attached to its rim; raises water from a stream or pond
- (water wheel) A mechanism that harnesses the energy in flowing water to grind grain or to power machinery. It was used in many parts of the world but was especially common in Europe from 1200 to 1900. (p. 398)
- (Water wheel) A wheel that is designed to use the weight and/or force of moving water to turn it, primarily to operate machinery or grind grain.
Maisto R/C Rock Crawler
Take your radio control experience off-road with the all new Rock Crawler from Maisto. This off-road radio control truck boasts articulated suspensions, two motors and low gearing to make for awesome rugged off-road action. Rock Crawler is 12.5'' long and sports both front and rear suspension. Tri-channel transmitter allows for three people to play simultaneously with their other Maisto radio control vehicles. Go off-road with your brand new Rock Crawler today.
•Two motors and low gearing make for rugged off-road action
•Articulated front and rear suspension
•Requires 3 AA batteries for vehicles and 1 9V battery for control (not included)
•Go off-road today
Hydraulic Mills on Chisholm Creek; Wichita, KS
Photo of an amazing mechanical marvel from approximately 1874 of the Hydraulic Mills in Wichita, KS, located at First and Hydraulic Streets. The Hydraulic Mills are confirmed to have been built by William Henry Sternberg (1832 - 1906), prominent architect and contractor in Wichita, KS. This building was a 3-story frame building, perhaps covered with a brick-looking siding. This mill was powered by a water wheel that pulled power from the Chisholm Creek. When it was built it was the very first mill in southern Kansas and indeed it was the largest mill in the State of Kansas and had a capacity of 250 barrels (of flour) per day. In the 1890s, disagreements over the use of water in the Chisholm Creek forced the dam to discontinue using water to power it and the power source was switched to steam. Ultimately this mill was demolished in 1901. Today, Hydraulic Street in Wichita, KS is named after these Hydraulic Mills.
Following is a detailed description of this ingenious facility: "Hydraulic Flour Mills, (Deffenbach (sic), Lewis) is a frame building, 40 by 56 feet, and three stories high,
resting on a stone foundation. Instead of being built over the stream, as was the old mill, it is built near the bank, and the power is conveyed by shafting from the water wheel, 20 to 25 feet distant. The upper foundation walls and gate of the old mill are used, and the water is admitted into what is similar to a canal lock with its two sets of gates. The turbine wheel, 48 inches in diameter, is placed near the lower gate with a pressure of ten feet. The shafting which runs the machinery of the mill is located in the stone basement, at right angles to the main shaft from the water wheel. It runs nearly the entire length of the mill, and does all the work including the elevating. By means of loose pulleys, the power is easily shifted from the machinery. The second story occupies the full length and breadth of the building, the bins of the elevator running from the second story to the attic and the space under them gives large storage room for flour. On this floor are four run of stones, and two patent rollers, and one patent purifier, a packing machine of the latest invention, and other machinery. The second story is filled with bolting machinery, two purifiers, and innumerable and complicated box tubing for the transfer and handling of the flour in the various process of manufacture. The mill has scales, and cleaners which remove even the fuzz on the grain, and prepares it for the stones in perfect condition of purity. The machinery was put in under the supervision of Mr. Ladd, who supervised the reconstruction of the city mills. The elevator contains six bins each with a capacity of 2000 bushels of wheat. The water power is estimated at 80 horsepower. The scales and dump are admirably combined for quick and convenient weighing and unloading. The wagon drives on to the scales, the load is weighed and dumped, and the empty wagon re-weighed without moving." (Tihen Notes from 1881 Wichita Beacon Newspaper, p. 18).
Your thought, comments, ideas and/or additional information are welcomed and appreciated!!
Wichita State University's Department of Special Collections.
Liverpool Meets Wigan - Triptych
Haigh Foundry Company ironwork at Albert Dock.
Below information pasted in from Wikipedia.
The Haigh Foundry was leased in 1835 by E.Evans and T.C.Ryley in Wigan. It had initially been established in the bottom of the Douglas Valley between Wigan and Haigh circa 1790 by Alexander Lindsay, 6th Earl of Balcarres and his brother Robert as an ironworks and foundry. The ironworks was not successful but the foundry was, particularly after Robert Daglish became chief engineer in 1804, and the works soon acquired a high reputation, manufacturing winding engines and pumping equipment for the mining industry. Evans and Ryley took it on a twenty-one year lease with the intention of adding the production of railway locomotives. They were later joined by a Mr Burrows.
Until the lease expired in 1856, Haigh Foundry had built over 100 locomotives as well as the swing bridges for Hull Docks, ironwork for Albert Dock, Liverpool and some massive pumping engines - the one at Mostyn Colliery, Flintshire having a 100" bore cylinder and believed when built in 1848 to have the largest cylinders in the world. Around 1850 the huge castings for the 72 feet diameter "Lady Isabella", or Laxey Wheel, in the Isle of Man were produced.
The foundry continued to design and build large winding, pumping and mill engines, heavy engineering and architectural castings until early 1885. The firm's assets were sold in September of that year. Many of the buildings surprisingly still survived in 2009 along with both of the cast iron bridges used by the works railway line. Part of the old premises is still an iron foundry, though on a somewhat smaller scale!
information on water wheels
"Looking for Information" explores human information seeking and use. It provides examples of methods, models and theories used in information behavior research, and reviews more than four decades of research on the topic. The book should prove useful for scholars in related fields, but also for students at the graduate and advanced undergraduate levels. It is intended for use not only in information studies and communication, but also in the disciplines of education, management, business, medicine, nursing, public health, and social work. This second editon of "Looking for Information" reflects a vastly increased literature on the topic of information behavior.Among the additions are over 400 new citations to relevant works, most of which appeared between March, 2002, and January, 2006. Many new studies are described in the section reviewing research findings (Chapters Eleven and Twelve), Chapter Nines examples of methods, and a widely expanded discussion of theories applied in information behavior research (Chapter Seven). This title reviews over 1,100 works - 60 per cent more than the first edition. It adds many new studies conducted from 2002 to 2006. It provides expanded coverage of models and theories of information behavior. It includes many new examples of occupations and roles - the contexts of information seeking.
ride on power wheels
custom classic steering wheels
barbie big wheel
rear wheel bearing replace
samsung color wheel problems
international truck wheels
sometimes i feel like i am drunk behind the wheel
HOT WHEELS BATTLE FORCE 5 MUSIC - HOT WHEELS BATTLE « HOME » INVADER MOTORCYCLE WHEELS. INVADER MOTORCYCLE
Post a comment